Menubar

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The ones that almost didn't make it




After the summing up post yesterday I thought I would do a quick round up of the things that I made this year but never got around to writing about them. I took pictures when I made them though. Some mouth watering recipes, a redecorated shoebox, a nightie and peekaboo mitts. Here is a brief look at them all. Clockwise from top left are :

1. Croissants - I tried this recipe and the croissants came out absolutely flaky and buttery and delicious. I made 6 croissants each on 2 consecutive days and each time they disappeared in no time. I added half a cup of milk (where she says one-third or half) and used 4tb vegetable oil. I even tried filling some with chocolate - they were irresistible. I started making them on a Friday afternoon. The first batch was made on Saturday evening and the second on Sunday. The ones on Sunday were definitely flakier.

2. Burgers - They have become a constant on the weekly menu at home. I make them with raw banana instead of potato. I don't follow any particular recipe. I just add whatever vegetables on hand, mix them with spices and make cutlets. When I have time I also make this amazing BBQ sauce to go with the burgers. Delicious!

3. Peekaboo Mitts - These fingerless gloves were made in a couple of days and I wear them almost every single day. Amazing comfort in this cold weather.

4. I made this nightie for my mother. The fabric is soft cotton. Its much loved and worn by my mother.

5. Tried my hand at covering some shoeboxes with paper and this is the result. They make a pretty sight in my craft room. Have to make more soon.

6. I've made this before and I made it again. Ree's olive focaccia is quick to make and tastes delicious. I added basil and tomato to the recipe this time. Lovely! And I know I will make it again:)

7. This cake (in the centre) was made for my husband's birthday in June. I made the sponge a day before his birthday and frosted it the next morning.  I made the eggless chocolate cake from this recipe and the icing from here. The frosting (please please do try this) was super delicious. Easy to spread almost mousse like. I didn’t have corn syrup so I used golden syrup. The cake was loved by his friends and colleagues.

And so that brings us to end of this lovely and gratifying year. Now to move on to New Year's Eve and to welcome 2014, here we go!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment