Menubar

Monday, December 30, 2013

Summing up 2013

Summing up a year is always exciting. As I am putting this post together I feel that the year 2013 has been certainly fulfilling. My biggest accomplishment came towards the end of the year with the launch of my own online store - thehappyhandsstore.com. It has got good feedback so far, am hoping it only grows from here. I have always believed that crafters should have access to supplies of their choice and that good raw material lends itself to great finished products, not to mention making things easier on the hands. Am hoping the store does make some difference in that direction.

That apart,  I also feel so proud of all the projects that I have completed. It feels great seeing them all at once in a collage. Some involve things made for my dear ones and it makes me so happy knowing that something I've made is keeping them warm and comfortable.

Here is a look at all the projects that I blogged about in 2013.

Sewing in 2013:



Clockwise from top left is

1. Bag made for my friend Sanhita.
2. Leopard Print Palazzo Pants with a Petal sleeved top
3. A dress for my darling niece Meera
4. Wearable Muslin for Palazzo pants
5. Princess Line dress
6. Glitter skirt
7. Fringe bag (with tutorial)
8. Boxy Pouch for my mother-in-law
9. T-shirt refashioned into a cardigan (with tutorial)

I rang in the new year with the glitter skirt - I still can't believe I sewed with sequinned fabric and managed to do a decent job of it! Am happy to report that my mother-in-law is still using the boxy pouch. Baby Meera always looks happy in the dress I made for her - I'd like to think she loves it :)  And as for the fringe bag - my sister has already laid claim on it!

Knitting in 2013


Clockwise from top left

1. The Kate shawl
2. Fingerless gloves for my sister
3. Knit Purple top
4. Miette cardigan for my mother
5. A knit dress designed by me

The knitting year was great too! I participated in the 4th annual knitting and crochet blog week and had so much fun. It was exhausting but pushed me to think in new ways. My favourites from the blog week posts are:

The Emerging Vocabulary of a Crafter's husband ( a guest post by my husband)
Infographic
Mascot project - Someday I hope to knit this dress.

My sister loves her fingerless gloves which is a set with her hat and cowl. My mother absolutely adores the cardigan.

Baking in 2013



















I also tried my hand at some lovely baked goodies -  recipes of which are for keeps. I'm almost scared of losing these recipes - they are that good:)

On the left is Orange Roasted Strawberry and Chocolate Milk Rolls on the right is Earl Grey Dark Chocolate Cupcakes

That my friends is my crafting recap for 2013! I'm hoping things that happen in my world in 2014 bring as much fun if not more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment