Menubar

Monday, December 23, 2013

Sewing for Meera



That's the girl who made me wait for 6 whole months before I could finally hold her in my arms.  When the time finally came it was like time stood still. One of those blissful moments that I will remember for the rest of my life. Every moment I spend with her I love her more and more. She's a happy child - a delight to be with!

Meet my niece Meera - my darling sister's daughter.



I made this dress and bonnet set to be gifted on her birth. The bonnet turned out big and the dress has been fitting her well since she was 3 months old. Doesn't she look absolutely cute in it? I'm sure the  bonnet will look great too. Can't wait for her to fit in it.

 I've never made a dress for a child before. So I promptly started looking up on online tutorials. It was the infant peasant dress that got selected. I love the simplicity of the dress. The tutorial is well written and the dress got made pretty quickly.
For the bonnet I followed this lovely tutorial : Reversible baby bonnet I've used red polka dotted fabric on the reverse.

That's my first set for my little rockstar. There are many many more to follow from this besotted aunt of hers. Meera is presently in the Mumbai leg of her India visit, visiting her paternal grandparents. She'll be back with me soon and it will then be a really Happy New Year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment