Menubar

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Knitting And Crochet Blog Week 2013 Day One : The House Cup





Last year I completely missed this wonderful annual blog event. This year I found out about it happening just yesterday and wanted to take part. Better late than never. Today is actually Day 3 of the event; I'm joining in late and hence am putting up my posts for the first two days.

My day1 entry for the Knitting And Crochet Blog Week IV

Day 1 was on April 22nd and participants were asked to choose a house based on the description given and which best describes their approach to crafting.

I chose the House of Monkey



The House of Monkey: Intelligent and with a fun loving side, Monkeys like to be challenged with every project presenting them with something new and interesting.
 
Read about the rest of the houses here

Here's why I think I identify with this house:

My knitting and crochet journey began because I wanted to make this ruffled shawl. I've always found that I make things because I truly love its design and its something I will actually wear. I then go about learning whatever I need to learn to complete that project. From the beginning, I kept working on various crochet projects from bags to scarves to slippers savouring the process of learning.  Knitting happened almost parallely since I wanted to make more garments and I love the look of knits. These days I mostly knit and hardly crochet.

After gaining confidence with some scarves and hats I dived straight into making this pleated top - my first piece of knitted clothing which I'm very proud of. I've worked with quite a number of yarns : cotton, silk, alpaca, acrylic and wool. The journey till now has taught me a lot and I'm enjoying every bit of it.

 This is only my first post for this event and I'm already enjoying this. Thank you Eskimimi Makes. Looking forward to the rest of the week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment