Menubar

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Miette for Mom

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year! I have a nice feeling that this is going to be a lovely year. I was in Pune for the holidays and am back after having spent a wonderful time with loved ones.




Though 2 more posts of my Sorbetto versions are pending I could not resist posting about this lovely  sweater that I knitted for my mother. One of my favourite memories of 2012 is going to be the delight on her face on trying on this sweater (which my sister is wearing in the above picture).  I couldn't have asked for a better beginning to the New Year.


Yarn : Malabrigo Merino Worsted

Needles : 5 mm

Why Miette? My mother always wears sarees. Miette has fantastic shaping to it and due to the negative ease of the pattern it is perfect to be worn over a saree blouse. My mother loved the Malabrigo yarn that I had. I had only 3 skeins, so started off the project wondering whether I had enough yarn. I needn't have worried. The 3 skeins were enough for a guage swatch and I even added an extra 2" to the length. The yarn is super gorgeous. Little wonder that there are some who say they would love to marry the yarn.




And here is my mother wearing her sweater.



I had a wonderful time photographing my mother and sister. It was so much fun! It was way past lunch time and was quite hot by the time I finished clicking. I thought my sister would be relieved that the shoot was finally over. When I remarked about this she replied " Its alright, models do have to work under extreme weather conditions". :) I just adore her!

4 comments:

  1. great models,nice sweater with a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift for your Mom!! She must be real proud of you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff .. looks really neatly done ... i am sure your mum loved it ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous Suma!!! lovely models make the sweater even more lovely!

    ReplyDelete