Menubar

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sorbetto - Version 3

Satin is slippery and hence difficult to sew. But then the lure of this buttery satin in this lovely print was impossible to resist. So I went right ahead and made a Sorbetto with it, my third version. Here is my polka dotted Sorbetto in satin -  this time with sleeves and without the center pleat.:



Notes

Increased the length by 2.5 inches

Added half an inch to the seam allowance at the shoulders and then attached the sleeves.

My knowledge of drafting sleeves is very limited - to one actually. I used the sleeve pattern that I used for this top and made them less tapering. I love the rolled hem at the sleeve edges. I have finally got the hang of how to use a narrow rolled hem foot.

For the neck, I cut a bias strip  and sewed it on using the method described here (point no.4 of the assembly part). I used a 1/2" seam allowance.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! you are on a roll! love the print of this top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ultimate….
    hyderabadonnet.com

    ReplyDelete