Menubar

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Black Satin Sorbetto



I had some black satin in my stash which I used for this version of Sorbetto.

Changes made:

Increased the length by 2.5 inches

Added ruffled lace to the pleats. Readymade ruffled lace, I bought from a shop called 'Something Special' in Bandra, Mumbai. This one and the one next to it called "Cheap Jack" are nice places to shop for craft supplies.

Added half an inch to the seam allowance at the shoulders. This I did to increase the width of the top at the shoulders.

I did not have readymade black bias tape and making one with this slippery satin was getting very difficult. So I cut a bias strip  and sewed it on using the method described here (point no.4 of the assembly part). I used a 1/2" seam allowance.

This picture was taken on the banks of the beautiful lake Te Anau. And below is the same place at night.



2 comments: