Menubar

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ruffled Gloves






Yarn : RYC Extra Fine Merino

Needles : 3.75mm and 6.5 mm

I made these gloves to go with my cabled beret. I used yarn leftover from the Toast gloves. This pattern calls for worsted weight yarn but I really wanted to use this gorgeous merino yarn. I'm glad I did. The yarn suits the pattern perfectly. The pattern uses around the same number of stitches which I worked with for toast which gave a very good fit. So other than the needle size (3.75) for DK weight yarn I did not make any changes to the pattern. I used the magic loop method since I have never worked with DPNs.


The buttons make these lovely gloves look fabulous. The pattern looks difficult when you first read it but is quite easy to knit. I absolutely love these gloves and have already worn them a lot. The above picture was taken on our Milford Sound cruise.

1 comment: