Menubar

Friday, November 18, 2011

Red Cabled Beret






I always make it a point to carry some finished projects on my holiday.  Not only do holidays provide motivation for projects but they also make for very good pictures. Remember this and this? I had a rough idea of what I wanted to make before we left. I had decided that I would be working on some knitting and sewing projects parallely to take a break from one another. I quite surprised myself with the way I went about making everything. I stayed focussed and though I did not finish all that I set out to make whatever I did make turned out pretty good.



Location Courtesy : The Crown Range, New Zealand


Yarn : Knit Picks Wool of the Andes

Needles : 3.75mm and 5.00 mm

I chose this beret as my first cabled project. Cables seemed intimidating at first but after this beret I feel they are actually fun and now I'm in love with them. I did use a cable needle but you an also make them without a cable needle. The pattern is well written and works up amazingly fast. I cast on 80 stitches with 3.75mm needles and did 4 pattern repeats instead of 5. I did not block the hat after completion since I haven't blocked a hat ever. I wore it a lot during the holiday. It is just the right size and is really warm. I intend blocking it sometime soon. I just hope I don't end up with a hat too big for my head.


1 comment: