Menubar

Monday, October 10, 2011

Pleated Reversible Bag



My friend asked me if I would help her through the bag making process. She wanted to make a bag with me so that she would be confident making it on her own. When I asked her what kind of bag she had in mind, her answer was a pleated reversible bag. Ever since I started sewing I have only followed tutorials. I thought this was a nice opportunity to try out my own pattern. And here is the result. A simple pleated reversible shoulder bag.

And this is the bag reversed.


It is not too big or too small. Just like my friend had specified.
It  has 4 pleats and is 12 inches in height and the bottom width is 10 inches. I used fusible iron on interfacing on the green side (my favourite side) and sewed in polyester batting on the orange side of the bag.

When we make it next time I will take pictures of the steps that I followed. I did not have enough time between starting on this project and the scheduled bag making date. Hence there are no WIP pictures. No, I still haven't made this one with her yet. Our scheduled date has been getting postponed for various reasons. But I'm sure we'll make it soon. 


My friend hasn't seen this yet. I'm hoping she likes it.

7 comments:

  1. Its so beautiful Suma.I am sure your friend will like it veeeeery much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is lovely, Suma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely Suma! Sigh! I wish I could sew! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how lovely!!! the colours your sewing everything is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete