Menubar

Friday, July 29, 2011

I Heart Pune



Pune     Img source: http://www.thebetterindia.com/9707/tbi-travel-pune-attitude-things-to-do/

When it comes to Pune I am always lost as to where to begin. What can I say about this wonderful city that hasn't already been said? This is the city where I have lived my life till the day I got married and hence holds many very fond memories. Pune for me means childhood, history, tradition, great food, forts and wonderful happy people.  

I'm at my parents' home in Pune, visiting after a year, the longest I have been away since I was born. I came here last week and am basking in the wonderful feeling of being home. Meeting people in the neighbourhood who have known me since I was a child, eating at my favourite eating places, shopping for fabric and craft items, going through my book collection which I still haven't taken to Bangalore are just some of the things that have been keeping me busy. The icing on the cake was meeting my school friends after so many years of passing out. It was an absolutely amazing evening.

I grew up in one of the Peths in Pune. Peth is a Marathi term used to refer to locality. Read more about the 17 Peths of Pune here: Peths of Pune 
Since the Peths form the heart of this city, some of the best places to shop are still very close to my home.  Today I plan to get some pictures of one huge fabric store that I discovered.

I'm leaving Pune in a couple of days. It is going to be sad leaving this place. I hope I get to live here again in the future.

2 comments: