Menubar

Monday, March 21, 2011

This wurm is warm






Pattern : Wurm

Yarn : Wendy Aristocrat (100% wool, DK 8ply)

Needles : US5 (3.75 mm) and US6 (4mm)

This is my first wool yarn buy in India. I bought it at Pradhan Stores near CST, Mumbai. When I saw this colour , Wurm was what came to my mind.

Wurm is such an attractive pattern. It has a double brim which was a first for me. Love the construction of the double brim. It looks very good and helps it fit snug on the head.

I cast on 90 stitches. After the brim section I switched to 4mm needles. The cable of my 16 inch circular needle broke just when I was a few rows into it . After several attempts at trying to fix it I decided to learn the magic loop method and go ahead with the project. The broken cable turned out to be a blessing. I love the magic loop now. Thanks to this fantastic video .





The pattern works up very fast. Does not need much attention while working on it.

I have been using this hat a lot. My love for hats keeps growing. And the lovely patterns on Ravelry don't help any. Do I sound like I'm complaining?


1 comment:

  1. I don't know about you but I am definitely not complaining haha! Lovely hat! So chic!

    ReplyDelete