Menubar

Monday, March 7, 2011

Green GAP-tastic cowl



Pattern : GAP-tastic cowl

Yarn : Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Grande

Needles : US 13 (9mm)

When I first saw this pattern I immediately knew I wanted to knit this with the 2 skeins of the super soft Baby Alpaca yarn that I had fallen in love with and just had to buy. Lovely pattern to use up all of 2 skeins. The pattern calls for 306 yards of bulky weight yarn and the cowl is 15 inches wide. Since I had 220 yards to work with I cast on 131 stitches with US 13 - 9.00 mm needles as per the pattern and ended up with a cowl which has a width of 8 inches. Am very happy with the way it turned out.



The pattern works up very fast. The moss stitch looks great on this bulky yarn.
The yarn sheds like crazy while knitting but the finished product hasn't shed at all. The cowl is super duper soft and cuddly.
I completed this in time for my weekend trip to beautiful Yercaud.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely!!
    Perfect for that hill trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real smart knit, Suma!! I love the color and the textured look.

    ReplyDelete