Menubar

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Three Gathered Clutches





Whether you are looking to make a quick gift for someone or you are looking to use leftover fabric then this is the perfect tutorial for you. This is one of the more popular clutch tutorials in the blogoshpere. I made one and it is so easy and simple to make that I made two more as gifts.

Link to the tutorial : Gathered Clutch

The first clutch




I made this one using drill (leftover from the bean bag). Bad choice of fabric for this clutch. Drill being thick, I had a tough time gathering the fabric. It aslo gives the gathers bulk.

For the other two clutches I used pure cotton fabric. These were my fabric choices. On the left side are the gathered front and the plain back of the clutch. On the right are the lining and pocket pieces along with zipper tabs and zippers





You might remember these prints from my earlier projects. I had a fun time trying to combine prints. Loved the results. These two will be gifted to my mother and aunt.




This one for my favourite aunt.



This is for my dear mother. Mummy, I love you and know you will love this!







6 comments:

  1. awesome clutches and great fabric choice! its uncanny that I made this clutch only last week. and, broke my last needle in the process. :-( yet to finish the second one I cut fabric for. I think these clutches are addictive and make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very very pretty! I'm sure Mummy will absolutely love it :D My favourite is the red one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Sewing Suma... that's your new name.
    You are just too good with this stuff. You must start selling them.
    By the way, where did you get that little autorickshaw... its soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely comments :) I too love the little autorickshaw. Bought it at a craft exhibition. The brand is called Chumbak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Suma .. Where do you get these fabric from ? and are these hand sewn or machine ? i want to make one for my mom. Can you please guide me ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Purnima, this clutch will surely be a great gift for your mom. My mother uses hers all the time :)
      The clutches are sewn by machine. I have provided the link to the tutorial. Its well written and easy to follow. About the fabric, I buy fabric whenever I like the print. So some of the fabric I bought in Pune and the pink polka dotted one here in Bangalore.
      Hope this helps you.

      Delete