Menubar

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Warm Wintry Wonders



I love hats and am of the opinion that hats and socks are the strongest weapons to combat cold weather. My sister, on the other hand, has never been a great fan of hats and has always insisted that it never looked good on her. Well, until now. I wanted her to have a good looking hat to keep her warm through the winter. I chose this lovely pattern (called intuitive) thinking that if my sister didn't like it i would add one more to my growing hat collection.



I am extremely happy that my sister loves it and has been wearing it very often. It feels so wonderful that something knit by me is keeping a loved one warm. And doesn't she look good in it!

The hat pattern is very simple. I used Knitpicks Merino Style for this one. It took about one and a half skeins.





I then wanted to make her a cowl to go with the hat. I chose honey cowl. The pattern can be knit in 3 lengths. I made the longest one. I'm surely making more of this. A honey cowl in silk maybe?

Pattern links
Hat : Intuitive ( a free ravelry download)
Cowl : Honey cowl   This pattern on ravelry : Honey cowl

3 comments: