Menubar

Monday, November 22, 2010

Knitting a cloud


My sister had loved 2 skeins of pink Palette yarn from Knitpicks that i had bought and had wanted me to make her something out of it. I chose this pattern called Storm Cloud Shawlette by Hanna Breetz. Its a half circle shawl inspired by Elizabeth Zimmerman's pi shawl. The pattern is extremely easy with a beautiful result. It can be made with or without ruffles.

I initially started with US8/5mm needles but found that the resulting knit was a bit open for my liking. And i also wanted to use up both the skeins that i had. I restarted with US6/4mm needles. I followed the pattern just as it is till the increase at row 72. After the increase at row72, i did an increase at row 92 and bound off on row 112 using US8/5 mm needles. I used almost the whole of the second skein as well.




This shawlette is so wonderfully light, like a cloud. My sister loved it. All she needs is a shawl pin. She wanted the shawl to stay in place when wrapped around the shoulders. I'm sure the shawl will look even better with a shawl pin.


We had a great time taking pictures on the lawns of the local library.

Here's the link to the pattern on Ravelry :  Storm Cloud Shawlette

1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely looking shawl, Suma. I love the color too.

    ReplyDelete