Menubar

Friday, October 29, 2010

I made pajamas!!




These pajamas were on my must- make list for quite sometime. I also thought these would make a great gift for my sister.

I followed this tutorial : Pajamas

The best part of this tutorial is that you make the pattern from existing pajamas. So if you choose your comfiest pair you end up with an identical one. And its really really simple. For the pattern, according to me, it is best to choose pajamas that does not have any stretch (eg.lycra) in it.

I used satin ribbon as a drawstring and the buttonholes (you will insert the drawstring through the buttonholes) are hand sewn. I used this tutorial for the buttonholes : Handmade Buttonholes

To check fraying of the satin ribbon i used my mother's tip. A slight touch with a lit incense stick at the cut edges of the satin ribbon should do the trick.

My sister loves her new pajamas and says  she can " live in these " (look at her prancing around in her new favourite PJs). And i have to tell you that a few days after making these i saw a very similar pair in Marks and Spencer for Rs. 895. I couldn't be happier. I will be surely making more of these for my sister and me. The pattern is for keeps.

3 comments:

  1. lucky sis! looks lovely on her. and, I love the fabric you chose.. very girlie.. of course, a girl can 'live' in her pajamas! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks so great. I love the fabrik you have used. Thanks for the link to the tutorial :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well made, Suma!!! I love the picture..

    ReplyDelete