Menubar

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Craft Room Part 3 - Inspiration Board




I have always loved the idea of an inspiration board . Am not a fan of the magnetic boards that are available. I wanted to make one using cork board which i could not find. I did have some cardboard from a huge carton and some foam sheets. I decided to 'make it work' (Tim Gunn's famous words).

So, here's what i did.

I cut 2 pieces of the foam sheet the same size of that of the cardboard piece and glued these 2 pieces to the cardboard one on top of the other to form 2 layers. I then covered this with fabric and glued the fabric to the back of the cardboard. The fabric is not glued to the foam layer.
I attached 2 long strips of satin ribbon along the length of the board. This gives it extra strength. Tied the 2 satin strips to form a bow. Voila! my new soft board was ready.



I really do not know how long this is going to last given that its only foam sheets covered with fabric. This is more like an experiment but am happy that this works for now.
P.S. The picture on the left bottom of the soft board is my absolute favourite.

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely Suma!! The print looks great against the green! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete